MY LATEST VIDEOS
- Medicated chick starter has an added medication called Amprolium, which “used to prevent and treat intestinal coccidiosis”. It’s not an antibiotic.
- Coccidiosis is a parasite infestation that can occur both in adult chickens and baby chicks. It can be deadly.
- Unmedicated chick starter does not have Amprolium or any other medicine in it.
- The chick starter Pampered Chicken Mama produces is non-medicated. (View here)
- Which is best for chicks? There’s no right or wrong answer. You decide what’s best for your flock.
- I don’t personally feed medicated chick starter.
- You can add herbs such as garlic, lemon balm, and oregano to support healthy immune system functions. Our chick starter includes these herbs.