Do you know the proper way to give a broody hen eggs so you don’t convince her to leave her nest? Or what should always be in your chicken emergency it?
If not, then you’ll love this week’s podcast.
It’s Wednesday, which means I take your questions, and I got some super valuable ones this week.
If you want to submit a question, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How many roosters you should keep (or if you should keep them at all)
- The proper way to put hatching eggs under broody hens
- The key items that should be in your chicken first aid kit
- When to help a chick hatch (and when to let well enough alone)
- Whether you can know for sure which hen laid which egg
Links We Discuss:
Maat van Uitert is a backyard chicken and sustainable living expert. She is also the author of Chickens: Naturally Raising A Sustainable Flock, which was a best seller in it’s Amazon category. Maat has been featured on NBC, CBS, AOL Finance, Community Chickens, the Huffington Post, Chickens magazine, Backyard Poultry, and Countryside Magazine. She lives on her farm in Southeast Missouri with her husband, two children, and about a million chickens and ducks. You can follow Maat on Facebook here and Instagram here.