Can I keep chicks and ducklings together? You might be surprised at my answer.
It’s Wednesday, which means I answer your questions about keeping chickens.
If you’ve wondered:
- Whether you can keep chicks and ducklings together in the same brooder
- If chick grit is necessary (and where to buy it)
- What you should do with a hen’s first egg
- How to deal with an overly-bossy hen
- If straw is a good idea to use in coops
then you’re in the right place.
- Why it’s not the best idea to keep your chicks and ducklings together
- When you should always provide chick grit
- Common misconceptions about a hen’s first egg
- The real deal about using straw in your coop (and other options)
- The simplest way to deal with a hen that’s causing pecking order drama (and why she’s that way in the first place)
Links We Discuss
Where to buy a chicken apron (for hens missing feathers)
Where to buy chick grit (small enough for baby chicks)
I’d like to hear from you!
Do you have a question for me? Leave a comment below!